We Adults Are All Paying Back Now!

When we were kids, we all enjoyed the privilege of laying all our
cares on the two heterosexuals whose moment of enjoyment produced us!
When we demand for biscuits, ice creams and whine about sundry
irrelevances, it will appear that we are questioning them: "Did I ask
you to give birth to me?" "Why didn't both of you seek my consent
before bringing me into this terror-ridden world.

I truly can't obliterate the vision of our fathers obtaining
permission from us before spewing our slimy selves into our mothers.
It's even much more glaring when I imagine myself doing same nine
months before my son was born. That is, assuming I know the exact
"consignment" that actually turned into him.

Why am I saying all these? Don't worry. Am not yet interested in
x-rating my blog. My Muse is buoyed on this occasion because my one-month old
son has succeeded in keeping both his mother and I awake well into the
wee hours of 1st September.

On the last day of August, he enjoyed his sleep beautifully. Just
around 8.00 pm, the young man's day started and since then dusk is the
last thing on the horizon. And as my wife and I grapple with his
unceasing indeterminate cravings, I ask myself, "Who send me work?"
Obviously, the young man didn't ask to be born. And in our little
quest for mutual ecstatic escape, his mother and I just like
our own parents, forgot to "crave his indulgence to be born."

It happens to us at every step of our life. We used to be students.
Now we are teachers. As students, we supervised gossip sessions about
our teachers. Now, we hear incredible tales about ourselves.
Sometimes, some of them make one wonder whether there is a Hyde and
Jekyll existence he or she is not aware of. For instance, a colleague
was once proclaimed dead in a ghastly automobile crash and students
were sending condolence messages all over. Eventually it was
discovered that the story was generated by a student who failed in her
course. Another colleague, this time a male, is said to have
impregnated a student who wasn't even pregnant. And they went as far
as sending his wife an anonymous SMS in order to punish him for
allowing them fail his course.

Do I need to go on? I think you would have surmised that the crises we
face in the world today are as a result of errors of commission and
omission of yesteryears.

On a final note, before you make another child, take a moment out of
your pleasure and seek his or her consent. If I had done so, I could
have gone back to sleep by simply reminding mine how he gave his
consent.

Daddy loves you, boy! I don't mind the vigils. You truly gladden our hearts. We love you, 'Wetalum!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"My Husband washes my Undies"

Why Guys Don't Propose Fast Enough

Learning Deutsch