Towards A Theory of Rape and Rapists

Since I watched the infamous ABSU gang rape video online, my itinerant
mind has refused to take a nap. Five guys forcefully taking turns on
their victim as if they were using a public toilet. And this is
somebody's daughter, sister, cousin, niece, possibly aunt and then,
mother to be. Perhaps in the future, a son of one of her assailants
would ask her daughter out (hoping he doesn't get his father's
rapistgene).
But this girl's plight is not my primary concern here though I admit
that what befell her is condemnable. Nothing she has done warrants
such an assault.
That said, my theory of rape is simple: Rape exists only in societies
where other forms of rape (like economic sabotage, corruption, and
sundry crimes) thrive and remain largely unpunished. It then follows
that people are most likely to rape others (not only girls) in
societies where impunity resides permanently.
So, a society that corruption has festered and grown, is most likely
to attract this kind of reproach. A university that keeps mum as
certain minor crimes are perpetrated will one day get this kind of
unwanted international interest.
If someone steals public money, his/her property is confiscated and
forfeited to the state. The individual is also jailed.
What then is the rational for sending a rapist to jail only for him or
her to come back and continue the act? Shouldn't something be
forfeited to the state? Let me be more specific, if I shoot someone,
the gun is taken in. If I rape someone shouldn't the instrument of the
crime be confiscated and probably forfeited?
Just pondering. Does shari'a provide for this? If so, legal luminaries
should, you know what!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"My Husband washes my Undies"

Why Guys Don't Propose Fast Enough

Learning Deutsch