I Believe in God; Why You Don't

The urge to write about this has always been on my mind. But I have
been deterred by the knowledge that oftentimes we unconsciously force
our beliefs on others without considering that their experiences and
ours are not the same.

A person who lives in a society where you get water at the turning of
every tap, may not understand that there are people who trek for miles
to get their water even within so-called cities.

A person who can have the police come to his/her aid because the
neighbour's music is louder than normal, will not understand that
people live in places where it could be safer to run into armed
robbers than police.

Growing up in societies where politicians cower when the people are
not pleased, finds it hard to imagine that there are countries where
political leaders practice modern feudalism.

In essence, living all your life in splendour and comfort insulates
you from the harsh realities of living which others are subjected to.
For this second group, when you turn the tap and nothing comes out,
you ignore it and pray that water should come. And when it does come,
God has answered. That is how I grew up and that is the way I am
bringing my children up. Nothing has changed for the better. In fact,
between when I was born and now, things have become worse!

Why change a working formula? I believe in God. I believe Jesus died
for my sins and that He is the Son of God. It's my past, my present,
my future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"My Husband washes my Undies"

Why Guys Don't Propose Fast Enough

Learning Deutsch