From When You Don't Have A Car To When You Get One

Honestly, I would have been well settled at home, probably taken my
dinner, a shower and see if I can wrap myself up in a thick blanket to
keep the cold away. But here am I by the side of a busy road, waiting
endlessly for the mechanic that took an hour and thirty minutes to
come. The drizzling rain means that my thin T-shirt has no answer for
the buffeting cold that is torturing me. I have also been tormented by
unsolicited sympathies from characters I will be better off not
knowing.

Now don't take that last statement wrongly. I am not one of those
frustrated guys who hide their own deficiencies by putting their noses
in the air. My reason for preferring not to know them is because they
obviously were watching and discussing me. Seated among them is a
student of ours who believes I might be too amnesiac to remember all
the faces of students I have encountered. So, you now understand my
predicament?

As I sit here obeying the order of the Mechanic: "Open it!" You
comply. "Off!" his monotonous voice commands you as repeatedly as he
wants, and you keep scrambling to turn the ignition on and off, I
begin to reminisce on the freedom of not owning an automobile. Yes,
you heard me right! There is freedom in not owning a car and the
foremost is that you don't miss your dinner and stay out in the cold
because of a breakdown. When it's not yours, you simply take the next
"okada" or taxi depending on where you live.

So next time you feel bad about things you don't have, remember that
there could be gains in not owning those things. Meanwhile, I am still
here with the mechanic, in the rain and it is already dark. I can't go
home until the car agrees to go too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"My Husband washes my Undies"

Why Guys Don't Propose Fast Enough

Learning Deutsch