Pakistan on My Mind: The Irony of Private & Public Fart

When in the recent past we read about the ban on farting in public,
in the tiny country of Malawi, we all scoffed.

I still remember numerous comments wondering whether that is the major
problem bedevilling that land. Some asked how farting in public or its
ban will affect the economy of the land. I actually believed it was a
waste of time and resources for the government of Malawi to outlaw one
of the most natural act of personal expression. Neither I nor anybody
I know carried placards and took to the streets to protest.

I really thought we're done with improbable government legislations
until Pakistan made the news again, needless to add, once again for
the wrong reason. Having heard an analyst describe Pakistan as a
country at war with itself, I had reconciles myself to the innumerable
astounding negative unprecedented phenomena emanating from that land.
But this ban on the use of certain words including "Jesus" within text
messages, is another first in their maddening romance with the
outlandishly improbable.

Unfortunately, my country has taken a liking for Pakistan instead of
the more progressive Arab states. I believe, I may be wrong though,
that if we all are Arabs and Muslims, and we have to choose where we
will be born, UAE, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia and perhaps Kuwait and
Bahrain would be the most populous nations on earth. Places like
Pakistan, Afghanistan, Yemen and Nigeria will be desolate land.

Let our governments concentrate on feeding us and using our resources
to make our living conditions better. Let us leave God's fight for Him
because there's no victory we can achieve for Him that He is incapable
of achieving for Himself! If He offer Jesus removed from our text
messages, He will expunge it from our memory just like He will stop
the foul gases from our anuses if He so desires.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"My Husband washes my Undies"

Why Guys Don't Propose Fast Enough

Learning Deutsch