If I Was My Country's President During The UK Riots

If I was Nigeria's president as UK streets were being set ablaze, the
following are the official measures I will take immediately:

On the second day of the disturbances, I will ask the Minister of
Foreign Affairs to release a travel warning for Nigerians intending to
travel to the UK.

As the crises enter the third day, I will ask the same Ministry to
issue another statement asking Nigerians in the UK to check in with
the High Commission in preparation for possible evacuation, should it
become necessary.

The fourth day will definitely find me talking tough. I will ask the
British Foreign Office to ensure the safety of my country men in the
UK and will not forget to add that if my country records any mortality
that we will not take it lightly.

By the next day, I should have about 10 British-owned Virgin Nigeria
waiting at Heathrow to bring my people home.

Shocker! No one wanted to come back. The airplanes flew back empty
because even in the midst of UK civil turmoil some of our folks would
rather stay there than come back home.

If I were the president, I will go back to the drawing board and ask
myself: What is it about our nationi that even in the midst of crises
in their adopted countries they'd rather stay put than come back home?

Perhaps if I answer this correctly, I will end up a better leader than
my predecessors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"My Husband washes my Undies"

Why Guys Don't Propose Fast Enough

Learning Deutsch