Terrorism: How It Really Happens

Okay! Having talked about my last subject here, I think I have broken
down the boundary of fear.

My heart goes out to beautiful, little, chilled city of Oslo! A bomb
that went off penultimate Friday ensured it got a listing on the board
of terrorist-endangered locations on earth. The initial suspects yewe
of course the usual ones since 9/11. But now, we are being told
another tale: a Christian Right Wing Fundamentalist. He allegedly blew
up some government offices and then crossed over to Utoya, an island
across Oslo, where he openen fire on innocent bystanders with a
sub-machine gun.

Okay, again. What does this tell us? I do not know except that it
tells me that our problem isn't in our religious or ethnic
differences. The problem lies in intolerance which has become a
favourite pasttime of folks. No one wants to accept that we cannot all
be the same, think the same way, and see things from the same
perspective.

Forgive as I succumb to the temptation of saying that we all are
foolish since we persist in our suppositio that those who are not us
do not know what they are doing. Reason is that none of us chose the
way he or she is by him or herself. No one chose his or her parentage.
No one chose his or her country. No one chose his or her ethnicity. We
all grew to discover the backgrounds within which we were born.

Assuming Osama was born in the United States into the family of George
Bush and the latter born in Pakistan, the roles would have been
reversed. I am still ruminating. I still have other opportunities to
talk and I'll utilise them well. For now I am in the Waiting Room. I
am waiting for news that will wash off all there sadness in my
thoughts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"My Husband washes my Undies"

Why Guys Don't Propose Fast Enough

Learning Deutsch