"Baby, You Look Sexy!"

Effort has been made to disguise this good friend of mine.
It's nothing personal, my good friend, ok!
Hope you don't unfriend me!
Facebook! Facebook!! Facebook!!!
How many times did I call you Facebook?
The fact that most of our parents do not understand you and therefore are not among your nearly a billion subscriber population, has given you the impetus to turn us loose.

Someone said that everything that exists performs. 
And that performance is much more evident in 21st century living.
Gone are the days we queue up at a photographer's shop,
One that will make us look foolishly "teethified" by asking us to say "cheeeese!"
Everyone now has a camera, both still and video, rolled into one.
We don't need to go to music studios anymore or even listen to anyone's music but ours.
Karaoke-enabled players now turn every croaky voice into a Celine  Dion or Onyeka Onwenu.

So because we all have cameras, every imaginable shot is acceptable.
From the discreetly comely to the overtly irritating.
They now decorate the walls of every Dick, Toochukwu and Harry.
Videos and photos that would make our parents convulse were they privy to them
Now posted shamelessly on walls of individuals on social networks

Everybody is a model.
Everybody is a strip-tease artist.
Everybody is a photographer.
Everybody is an emergency writer.
Everybody is a great philosopher, oftentimes from unabashed plagiarism
Everybody claims prowess in one endeavour or the other
Everygbody performs. No one wants to be outwitted.
Everybody is a genius on Facebook.

What is annoying is this:
Someone looks at a very suggestive picture of a young lady,
Which reminds you of Eve's encounter with the apple-bearing serpent,
And says about the picture, "Baby, you look sexy!"
If my knowledge of English language has not failed me, 
Is that not supposed to be an insult?
Or am I becoming too old for the generation I think I belong to?
"Look sexy!" Since when did that become a compliment?

Baby, you are very sexy!
When something is palatable, it is good for eating.
When it is edible, it is also good for consumption.
When it is sumptuous and luscious, both refer to masticulation.
I don't think that any of them is a compliment to the food.
In the same way,

If somebody tells me I am sumptuous, I will call the police!
Now, if someone says a lady or a guy looks sexy, 
I think it means that you are good just for one thing, SEX!
I do not think that is a compliment at all!
Being a sex object is not a desirable position, methinks. 
I don't look sexy, I am just beautifully and wonderfully made
Not because of how I look, but because of who I am.
What d'ya think?

  

Comments

Unknown said…
i quite agree with u that Baby,You look Sexy!'means you are only good for SEX but in nigeria context it's a way of drawing the babes attention in terms of toasting them.

Popular posts from this blog

"My Husband washes my Undies"

Why Guys Don't Propose Fast Enough

Learning Deutsch