For my friend, on her birthday…

On her BBM, she wrote:
“It’s not about the years in your life, but the life in your years.”
I’ve been trying to unknot the hidden truths
Encoded in these words
But I must admit that I am not that intelligent.

My friend, used distance to wriggle out of
Committing to fete me on her birthday
But, I am compelled to wish her a happy birthday

With people like you, I see the benefit
Of FB in binding us together across
Ethno-religious divide
And making us understand others better

I call her my greatest critic
Because she once called my attention
To one misguided comment I made on FB
And since then, I have come to value
The importance of considering “other” views

On your birthday, even without hope of tasting the cake
I wish you a long, fruitful life
May you know peace in your home and all around
May our nation see peace once again
And become prosperous

Happy birthday, my friend
And do have a pleasant new year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"My Husband washes my Undies"

Why Guys Don't Propose Fast Enough

Learning Deutsch