Just a Two-Word Solution

Yes, it was a good turn that I did you
Not recompense for good you did me
Just my choice to revere you
Could have called any other than you
What you claim to own
Could’ve been five, eight, ten or even twenty
Times better with another peer
Yes, another girded with the two-word solution

I owed you nothing then, nothing now
May be not in the future
But you; you owe me
Not from your bank account nor favour
Neither do I solicit a miserable invitation letter
To become one slave driver’s magic wand
Your gold, your silver, I need none
Yes, all I needed was the two-word solution

The elapsed time of then and now
Has swollen the interest on your debt
Your words would have enriched my life
As my favour your bank statement
But you demurred after receiving mine
Conceited in vanity of life decades before mine
Forgetting boss’s life lies in the gate keeper’s list
Yes , he needs the two-word solution

If I didn’t give it
You could have had others, not THIS!
A second or two of haranguing me
With a breath of yellowy dentition
Would have put paid to this tirade
But you did not, even over the impersonal wireless
A “thank you …” whether my name is there or not
Yes, it is the two-word solution

You did not say it
This space would have been saved
Yes, saved for something Platociously utopian
It’s my turn
And all I have to say:
Thank you for not saying “thank you”
At least it made this child
Yes, child of two-word solution

© 14.Dec.2010  Izuu Nwankwọ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"My Husband washes my Undies"

Why Guys Don't Propose Fast Enough

Learning Deutsch