Facebook news feed post by: Pius Adesanmi

Pius Adesanmi wrote:

A friend just asked me if Madiba's passing would have any impact on
Nigeria. I said no, his passing will not but his funeral will. His
funeral will have a serious impact on the Nigerian treasury and cause
a logistical nightmare for the South African authorities. I foresee
all ten jumbo jets in the Nigerian presidential fleet heading out to
Johannesburg with the largest official delegation to the funeral. And
that is not counting the convoy of private jets of uninvited Nigerian
state governors that will head out to Johannesburg for the obligatory
I-was-also-there ritual. And that is not counting the chartered
flights that will convey half the National Assembly to Johannesburg.
And there could be private jets of opposition leaders claiming to have
been invitedto the funeral by Jacob Zuma the way they were invited by
Barack Obama to the democratic convention. Anesh Maistry , my
diplomat brother, knows one or two things about the size of Nigerian
delegations from seasoned experience. He'd better advice his people to
start preparing. Does O. R. Tambo International Airport have enough
room for the impending torrential rain of jumbo jets from Nigeria?
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone, powered by Easyblaze

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"My Husband washes my Undies"

Why Guys Don't Propose Fast Enough

Learning Deutsch