In All Fairness to Mr. Jonathan!

"In 1985, my primary school teacher told me that General Babangida was the president and General Buhari was the former president. She also said that we are the leaders of tomorrow. Twenty seven years later, both Babangida and Buhari are still vying for presidency.

Therefore, it is either my teacher lied or tomorrow is yet to come"

This is a full text of the BB Message I received yesterday on the 13th Democracy day celebration for Nigeria.




I have placed side-by-side, above, two facts that will aid us in recalling the not too distant history of the beginnings (or entrenchment) of Nigeria's downward slide into the spheres of systemic corruption, unemployment and extreme poverty.


I almost started by saying that I do not want to be biased, but I am reminded that it is often those who openly claim not to be biased that end up being the greatest of bigots!

What else do you want me to say?

"1986 Deadline" perhaps stated in 1985 or earlier than that? And twenty six years later, constant power is individualised and can only be fuelled from personal pockets and the benevolence of China in mass producing very noisy I pass my neighbours!

Where was President Jonathan in 1986? I don't know! But I know well enough that that was the period he must have been grappling with his introduction to wearing shoes (no offense meant, sir!)

My point: It is those who were in government in the past and who today are making the most noise about government inefficiency and the likes that are responsible for the rot in the system. Period!

But Oga Jona, good speech on Democracy Day! You won a lot of friends over! Great articulation of your achievements in one year but know that the newspapers have captured all your PROMISES in the past one way too! Honestly, I wouldn't want to write this kind of article twenty six years from now and they would be reading like the one above!

Nigerians are no fools! We are watching very critically! Now you need all the goodluck you can muster to write your name in pure gold!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"My Husband washes my Undies"

Why Guys Don't Propose Fast Enough

Learning Deutsch