CONGRATULATIONS HRH THE NEW EMIR, BUT…

Your Royal Highness, accept my humble congratulations on your
turbanning as the new Emir of Nigeria, sorry, Kano. You must forgive
me for that error because somehow, amidst the hullabaloo of your royal
exaltation it sounded more like we have dispensed of the presidential
system and was installing you as the new regent in charge of all our
affairs. It is just by sheer providence that I was still able to make
out that you were just becoming the Emir of Kano; a post in my
reckoning, that is well beneath and much less lucrative than the one
you so unceremoniously exited.

As a firm believer in the principle that no leader becomes one if not
installed by the Most High, I wish you well and do sincerely pray that
you succeed. One thing I love so much about you is the fact that you
are fearless and you say the "truth" no matter whose ox is gored.

This leads me to my next cautionary point. "Truth" is always a
relative term. As such it pays to have all the fact before saying
anything. Going by your most recent record at the CBN, it is obvious
that your version of truth is always unstable – like you
prevarications on the exact figure that was missing from 50 to 20
billion dollars. As the chief monetary officer of the nation, I didn't
expect you not to be VERY sure before making public statements about
such contentious convictions. On this, a lot of people, especially
your supporters, will disagree with me. It's their prerogative.

In case you are being misled by the tone of my write-up, let me state
categorically that I am not a "Jonathanian" – a term created on
Twitter by one of your most intelligent promoters. On a lighter note,
I guess all 'em Jonathians have jumped into the sea like he suggested.
What I am is a Nigerian who is unmoved by the hyper-politics of the
PDP and the pretentious revolutionary zeal of the APC. I am one of
those who believe that just as it is impossible for you to hold your
tongue amidst the pilfering throng in the ruling party, it will not be
any different amongst your present friends who are singing your praise
now!

I want you to remember Dasuki – the disgraced Sultan of Sokoto. I am
not a prophet, but I daresay that except you conform, those who hailed
you on Sunday will summarily depose you if you continue with the same
spirit of insubordination you exhibited at the CBN. The same hands
that turbaned you will so disgracefully undo their act with trumped up
charges if they need to once you go out of line.

I say all these because I love your person – someone who would say the
truth the way he sees it. As much I would love your type to become the
leader of this nation, I am sure that the present crop of politicians
will never allow a man of your ilk to get that high. Now that you are
where you are, you are simply serving a purpose for them. I do
sincerely hope that you remain true to yourself even if it means
leaving your prestigious gilded throne.

May God grant you wisdom and grace to be honest and do right by the
people of Kano. Do bear in mind that as you were being exalted in Kano,
a young girl killed herself with a bomb in Gombe, taking two lives
with her. May your reign help to bring an end to those kind of
atrocious acts in our country.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"My Husband washes my Undies"

Why Guys Don't Propose Fast Enough

Learning Deutsch