It Was My Birthday and You All Forgot

I remember back in Primary School
Whenever we are asked to fill a form
I will put 3rd or 4th August on the DOB column
This happened until one teacher discovered
The disparity in the dates I have been supplying
Trust those women: I was flogged and sent home
To ask for the actual date from my mother
I still wonder why I was whipped
But I still asked my mother for the correct dates
And she supplied it: 24th August...
That date was yesterday
Do you know what?
She forgot. So did her husband!
They both forgot it was my birthday
And while you are about condemning them
So did all of you; my fiends, sorry friends
Save a few
Why did you?
I know why
Cause I did a little experiement
I tinkered with my birthdate on FB
And because FB didn't get it right
All my friends forgot
It tells me one of many things:
There are friendships that are dependent on
Social media alone!
Should they remain there?
I don't know. You tell me!
Those who remembered are those, I suppose,
Who will remember me, FB or no FB!
My love, inclusive
As for my parents, I've discovered that
As time goes on, we know what they've told us
Much more than they know them
As for you my "FB" friend
I will give you another chance
Next year, if Christ tarries!
Oya, wish me Happy Birthday in arrears now 
Or I delete you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"My Husband washes my Undies"

Why Guys Don't Propose Fast Enough

Learning Deutsch