$600,000 Bribe To One Man, Yet Majority Still Go Hungry?

In order not to further anger
myself, I have refused to
calculate how much $600,000
is in local currency.
That notwithstanding, I am aware 
of how many lives it can change.
Yet, it is offered as bribe to someone,
so that he can commit a crime!


The person offering the bribe
And the one collecting
Are the same! 
Guilty, no matter their excuses:
"I gave to implicate" or 
"I collected to expose"
All are lies!


This is a true case of 
everything that is wrong
with my country!


Moneybags, who do not 
have carrying limits
And politicians, who for
want of conscience
Are planted to do the bidding
of those who will rather die
than to see the country
get better!


When my people say,
that "Crises in the land
is to the benefit of titled 
men!"
Little did I know they were
talking of the entire country.


The problem with Nigeria 
is simple:
People who are benefitting
from the commotion,
will never stand by
and see a solution come.


They will bribe, 
conspire,
kill, 
maim, 
spread rumours and hatred, 
loot ballot boxes,
sabotage good efforts, 
twist government policies, 
manipulate politicians, 
incite religious hatred,
inspire ethnic tensions,
and use their ill-gotten wealth 
to cover their rancid breath!


Shame on us!
Shame on a people
that cannot see beyond
their noses!
Shame on a people,
who repeatedly seek the
extermination of their fellow
victims; while their oppressors
make away with their loot
to the applause of supporters 
purchased with their own (the people's)
wealth!


Can't you see?
It is not Islam neither is it Christianity,
it's not northerner nor southerner
that is at issue here!
It is the effort of the same thieves,
to thwart an honest effort
And take our eyes away
from what they have been doing
with stolen wealth in the name of
SUBSIDY!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"My Husband washes my Undies"

Why Guys Don't Propose Fast Enough

Learning Deutsch