A Nigerian's Tribute to Steve Jobs

My dear Steve, you may not be able to read this now. You also possibly
would not have read it if you are still on this plane with us. Reason
is that you became so successful that small people like me may not
have necessarily mattered to you. But you affected my life in the
following ways:

1. Your creativity was and is still outstanding. Though I never owned
any of the i-products you rolled out, I am yet to snap myself out of
the delusion that one good person will make me a gift of one of them.

2. Your can-do spirit showed that everything is just possible. You
truly grabbed every opportunity that came your way and made the best
of them. But I can't help wondering if you were born in the Nigeria's
Niger Delta to some militia prone family or within the Boko Haram
neighbourhood in Maiduguri. What about if you were born in Yemen,
Afghanistan, Somalia, or South Sudan, what kind of product would you
have made? Wonder when our leaders will awaken to the reality that so
many of our youths' talents are being wasted due to their
misgovernance.

3. You knew when to quit. Once you discovered that your fight against
cancer wasn't succeeding you threw in the towel unlike some of our
leaders. I am reminded of Mobutu Sese Seko of Zaire and in our recent
past, a good man whose family made to rule from an ambulance while on
life support.

Rest in peace, Steve. Your legacies will remain. You have truly
impacted your world positively.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"My Husband washes my Undies"

Why Guys Don't Propose Fast Enough

Learning Deutsch