NEW SAINTS: NEW HOPE?

I congratulate the entire Roman Catholic faithfuls, friends and
country people on the "emergence" of two brand new saints: St. John
Paul II and St. John XXIII. E no easy! Already, they are being
bombarded with prayer requests from all over the world!

But... not "but" because it looks as if I am going to say something
blasphemous against this highly auspicious religious moment for over
one billion Catholic faithfuls worldwide. I can't trivialise the
faith, belief and confidence of fellow believers.

I am just surprised that people are quick to embrace new saints, yet
they don't strive to live their own lives in saintly pattern. You want
a saint to pray for you, but you quickly forget that if saints had
lived the way you are now living, there will be no saint to pray for
anyone.

Sainthood is good. It's received by living Godly life. I am one of
those that believe that there are more saints dead and alive than the
church has recognised. The church recognises only those who it sees,
but God sees beyond what we can see just like Jesus saw the offering
of the widow who gave her all. The church wouldn't have seen such a
woman because its eyes are riveted on the very rich who are giving
very little out of the much they have.

While we are on the issue of the Church, I am still appalled that it
has quickly recognised two "white" saints when we seem not to know
anything about our own Blessed Iwene Tansi. I am not very
knowledgeable in these things. And when things bother on church, I try
to tread carefully.

I remember when I eagerly awaited a black Pope. I was one of the folks
that believed very strongly that our brother was going to succeed, now
St. John Paul II. But that dream became stillborn when Benedict XVI
followed after the white smoke escaped from the conclave. And when he
stepped aside (for being too feeble to carry out his duties, we are
told), my hope rose again. But, for a second time, I was then
convinced that a "white" smoke does not have the capacity to release a
black Pope.

Like I always say (before the backlash commences), religion is good
and tolerant. Its only problem is the human element - the
interpretation that we bring to religion. Human
interpretation/intervention in religion is the most oppressive and
divisive element in religion. That is why when some believers are
living righteously to please God, others are massacaring innocent
people in His name without any atom of righteousness in them. Also, it
is the human side that sees skin colour instead of the life of God in
a heaven-certified saint!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"My Husband washes my Undies"

Why Guys Don't Propose Fast Enough

Learning Deutsch