Nigeria's Anti-Gay Law: Why All the Ruse?

Honestly, I don't understand people
Human nature, for me, is one of the most mysterious phenomenon on earth
And most times, I don't even understand what I support
And the ones I don't even agree with!

A couple of months back, the Nigerian Senate almost passed
A bill that would have constitutionally empowered paedophiles
The people's outrage made sure that did not happen
Now they have a new one: crucify homosexuals!

The whole "free" world is calling for our heads
And even Sahara Reporters claimed a presidential visit to Canada was cancelled
Only for the Canadian High Commission to assert that there was no such plan
With all their misinformation in recent times, have they been saying the truth before?

Initially, I thought that if the Senate were serious about anything
They could have done something about corruption and bad governance
But, "No!" There are easy prey to be hounded for cheap applause
But with the stance of the West, I have suspended that opinion: for now!

I hate bullying and I hate bullies more!
Sometime in the past when David Cameron carry 'im mouth enter 9ja
Some suggested he should grant asylum to all gay people from here
To preserve their rights. The guy formed deaf and dumb, one time!

What is freedom? What is democracy? What is human rights?
Somehow, the people that championed these things
Have suddenly got them upside down, because democracy means
Majority wins! Or has that changed?

If that is so,  has anyone bothered to check the percentage of Nigerians
That does not want gay associations legalized in their country?
I know what they will say now: minority rights! Free speech!
Freedom of association!

I don't hate gay people! Even Christ would have handled them with love and care
What I hate about the whole gay thing is that
In protecting their rights, they deprive every other person of theirs
I will give you an example!

A homosexual can say, "I hate women!" But I can't say, "I hate gays!"
Why is it so? You find so many people in the West being arrested
For saying what they really feel about LGBT
While they are free to say whatever they wish!

Now Nigeria is an evil place. All the funding will cease to come.
Why? Because the nation said what it really feels about some people.
And all this while that they have been robbing us, stealing our votes,
Killing us with bombs and bullets, kidnapping us and our oil

The West did not come with threats!

Honestly, I don't know what to think again
And they say a nun got pregnant .... I think it is safer to think in that direction
For now!
 

Comments

Anonymous said…
The things wrong with this post are too much to count.
I have just one question for you. Have you ever met a gay person?
Many people in Nigeria have never met an openly gay person yet they feel comfortable making assumptions about a group of people they know nothing about. You wrote "A homosexual can say, "I hate women!" But I can't say, "I hate gays!" This is just proof that you've never met an openly gay person. Are you kidding me?!! Gay guys and girls are best friends. A gay person doesn't hate women, they don't just want to have any sexual relationship with women.
Last year when the senate wanted to pass a law that gives permission for young girls to get married, Nigerians protested. Let me remind you that even if that law had passed, the permission of the parents is still key. The same people who gave their young girls up for marriage are the same people who would have continued to do so. Why is it that Nigerian don't see anything wrong with giving permission to crucify people for their sexuality?
Like you said, Jesus himself would have treated gay people with LOVE, so what do Nigerians think gives them the right to treat homosexuals with hate.
This new law, and peoples' reaction to it makes me sick to the stomach. I just wish my beloved country would go forward like the rest of the world, instead of backward.
I am not gay, but I have a friend who is. My gay friend is the best person in the world, and it makes me upset that I cant invite him to my country for fear that he might be killed.
Nigeria needs to grow up. We are pushing on 54 now, Nigeria is no longer a child. I hope we realize that before it is too late
Izuu Nwankwọ said…
Thanks for the update, my dear Anonymous. I just saw this comment and published it. You must forgive me for not putting it up earlier. You are surely entitled to your opinion. But I do honestly wish that our country's anti-gay stance is our only wahala. You may wish to read the blog again in order to understand its predilection. I didn't condemn homosexuals!

Popular posts from this blog

"My Husband washes my Undies"

Why Guys Don't Propose Fast Enough

Learning Deutsch