In the Face of Yesterday's Kano Riots

My calculations: more people seem to have been killed in God's name in
our recent history, than through other crimes.
The God I know is the omni-potent (all powerful), all merciful and all knowing.
In spite of our professions of his mercy, we keep killing people we
see for a G(g)od we have not and may never see.

I think that government should think of a legislation against fighting
for God no matter the provocation.
But I know that is one thing none of our (mis)leaders will do.
Reason: so long as our gullible minds remain riveted on a God we don't see
We'll be too blind to see the plunder they are making of our national wealth

Like I always say: I long for the day the common Nigerian will know
where to channel his/her angst
Our economic woes did not arise from so-called blasphemy by our neighbours
But due to the kleptomaniacs that have stolen their way into power
since independence
A leaking bag can never get full until the hole is found and plugged!
In our case, we've got holes, craters and gullies that need to be
filled with the carcass of those who created them
Not the blood of those who don't believe in the same God as we.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"My Husband washes my Undies"

Why Guys Don't Propose Fast Enough

Learning Deutsch