Re: The Problem with Nigeria

http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/38483/2012/10/27/katsina_builds_house_nigerien_governor.html

After reading the news above, I am convinced that we are either being governed by fools
Or we, the governed are the fools!

Northern governors have often complained of having less money than their southern counterparts
I ask: How does this story justify the veracity of their claims?

Now Katsina is exporting help, building "befitting" homes for governors in foreign countries
If I still remember where Niamey is, the last time I was there (Niger Republic borders Katsina, but the capital Niamey, is even closer to Sokoto State than it is to Katsina)
It is no way near Katsina, and this governor in his Nigerian political wisdom,
Uses public funds to build a house for another governor in a foreign country
And what does Katsina get: The house is named Katsina House!

I may not be qualified to talk about this
But I wonder why everyone is blaming the central government
When much of our funds is being embezzled and misspent by these empty head governors

I leave you to be the judge
This news just spoilt my Sunday
And we are talking of injustice
Which other injustice is worse than this?
Or do I take it that every Katsina man or woman lives in a "befitting" home
Drives "befitting car"
Is paid "befitting" allowances
And all the roads and infrastructure are "befitting"?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"My Husband washes my Undies"

Why Guys Don't Propose Fast Enough

Learning Deutsch