Strictly My Thoughts

Ask me whether 2011 was good or bad, I would not have a definite answer.


Why?


It's difficult to say, given the madness that heralded the end of this year.


Do not get me wrong, I am not talking solely about the senseless bombs being thrown around us as if they are Santa's gifts, but I am concerned about the general unfeeling attitude of the government of Nigeria to the plight of our people.


There is nothing I will say here that has not been said before, especially by better wordsmiths.


Yet, the people that rule us, pretend to have better understanding of the difficulties that have become our reality, but remain largely inactive.


Was it not during OBJ's time, that this same Okonjo-Iweala claimed that the debt forgiveness dividends will be used to develop this-and-that sector?


And, just a few years down the road, she has forgotten the kleptomaniac tendencies of many a Nigerian politician, either by selective amnesia or by omission. Now she has come again with the same promises over fuel subsidy removal!

Even if she is not corrupt, has she hurriedly forgotten the circumstances behind her unexpected exit the last time. What then in her opinion, has changed about the Nigerian politician?



Even the dullest of lay people, know that once the subsidy is removed, prices of everything will go overboard. Even the so-called promises of dividends and whatnot, will immediately dissipate in the crises. And yet, this government is bent on having its way so that we can end up being right as usual.


My angst is not with the government. As for me, I have lost faith in it. Little wonder we all have become praying-mantis, in a bid to see if there can be a divine support in salvaging what is left of this nation.


I am most peeved by folks who allow themselves to be used by these same politicians to kill others and foment trouble.


If they can take a backward look, it is the same people who sponsor them that impoverished this nation through their kleptomania. No matter the rhetoric anyone puts up, I am not blaming GEJ for Nigeria's woes. I blame past leaders who were nothing better than pilfering generals!


I am only saddened by GEJ's insensitivity and inaction. He is either to uninformed to do anything about our predicament or he is being led by the nose  by the same people who put us in this mess in the first instance.


For the new year, 2012. I pray that the youths of this nation will become wiser!


I pray that they will throw away religious and ethnic sentiments to discover that hunger does not know religion neither does it know ethnicity.


We need to rise above these divisive elements to salvage our nation from these gerontocratic criminals that send their children abroad only to bomb ours to hell!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"My Husband washes my Undies"

Why Guys Don't Propose Fast Enough

Learning Deutsch