El-Rufai's Blasphemy and the Devilish Plot of Ex-Public Officers

I have not seen his tweet and I do not expect to follow him anytime soon. But I have heard severally about what he said about President Jonathan, Jesus and Mary!

There's no gainsaying the fact that if such a devilish insinuation was made by even an atheist in far away Europe, some people would have and may still be losing their lives in parts of Nigeria. But I want to believe that Mallam Nasiru El-Rufai was not speaking for a large portion of Nigerians who keep their thoughts about the religious inclinations of others private in the interest of peace.

I have wondered why El-Rufai should make such an insensitive comment; a blasphemous one at that. And I arrived at an answer that at least sates my angst at his unwarranted provocation. The answer is that he is a disgruntled politician who has lost out in the scheme of things and is now throwing spanners in the works in order to infuriate, incite and fan the embers of discord. Would he have said this when he was Minister of the FCT under General Obasanjo's second regime? No he wouldn't! He could have attended a few church services in order to remain in the good books of his benefactors.

As Christians, we are perpetually taught to turn the other cheek and not to fight anyone in God's name because "the battle belongs to the Lord." This has been misconstrued as weakness by many. However, in most cases, He has shown Himself strong against those who blaspheme His name! 


My advice to Oga El-Rufai: Mend your ways and stop heating up the polity with your misguided comments. No amount of tweets will take you to Aso Rock. Ask those who have been there, they didn't even have Twitter accounts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"My Husband washes my Undies"

Why Guys Don't Propose Fast Enough

Learning Deutsch