I Saw a Gorilla


Its cavernously dark eye balls
Surrounded by darker furry backdrop
Bored into mine unrepentantly.
At first they were blank stares
But I soon recognised them:
A typical I-know-your-grandfather glare.
Accusatory. Demanding. Usurpatory.
One, accusing me of insolence
For not recognising them for
Having seen my grand sires before I even knew them.
Two, demanding respect for a good deed
I am not privy to.
Three. Usurping my individuality
By asking for recognition when
I really do not recognise
Nor do I even wish to.

An internal switch auto flicked on
Mine returned the beam; full glares.
The you-knew-my-grandparents-and-so-what mope
Not accusatory. Not demanding.
But usurpatory too!
“Haba! My own go different?
Na who born rat wey no de fear cat?”
Actually not that proverb…
Wrong one but right thought!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"My Husband washes my Undies"

Why Guys Don't Propose Fast Enough

Learning Deutsch